What Are Extended Warranties?
Warranties vary, and all are subject to a time period or pre-determined amount of kilometers. Typically the warranty expires once either of these measures is surpassed. Once this happens, the manufacturer is no longer responsible for the cost of mechanical malfunctions or vehicle failure.
It’s possible to extend the term lengths of the basic warranty, or even expand the list of parts covered, through an extended warranty. Typically these are offered in bundles, but they can often be picked up piecemeal.
Is an Extended Warranty Right for Me?
Wondering whether it’s worth it to pick up an extended warranty? There is no one-size-fits-all answer. Rather, consider the following conditions to determine whether it is the sensible choice for you:
- Are you familiar with what is covered with the standard manufacturer warranty, and are you satisfied with this coverage?
- Is the extended warranty transferrable, and might you possibly sell your vehicle before the end of the warranty terms?
- Am I familiar with and do I trust the institution offering the extended warranty?
- How reliable is the vehicle you’re looking to purchase?
- Am I set financially to cover the cost of an expensive repair or replacement outside of my warranty coverage?
- Will other drivers besides myself be using the vehicle, and if so, do they have sensible driving habits?
Get an Extended Warranty at River City Nissan
If you’re wondering which packages are available or how much they will cost, contact one of our financial representatives. They will be glad to assist you through the warranty process.